Most of us probably know the movie “Titanic” which is a big hit in 1997 and based on real life story of the RMS Titanic that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on 15 April 1912. Somehow here are 10 interesting things that you didn’t know about the Titanic.
1. Kate Winslet, who played Rose in Titanic, hates the song “My Heart Will Go On” and admits that the song makes her feel “like throwing up”
2. Titanic’s chief baker “fortified” himself with alcohol and thus survived the freezing water for 2 hours until he was rescued.
3. Most lifeboats launched off the Titanic were not filled to capacity.
4. The Titanic could have been saved if it wasn’t for a 30-second (yes only 30 secs) delay in giving the order to change course after spotting the iceberg.
5. Hershey Chocolate founder, Milton Hershey, canceled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters. (Lucky enough)
6. The iceberg that sank the Titanic began its journey somewhere around 1000 BCE. Imagine how old it is?
7. The Titanic is the only ocean liner (passenger ship) ever sunk by an iceberg.
8. A Japanese who survived the Titanic tragedy was called a coward in his country for not dying with the other passengers.
9. The Musicians of the Titanic kept playing music as long as they could while the ship sank, intending to calm the passengers. All were recognized for their heroism.
10. The budget for the Movie “Titanic” was higher than the Titanic itself.
Don’t forget to share this to your friends — via factslides